Smudging is a powerful cleansing technique used by the indigenous people for thousands of years in order to remove negativity and invoke positive energy. Use our smudge sticks to cleanse a space, person, object or your own mind, body and spirit.
Choose from 1 of 2 packs:
- 4 Pack: Sweetgrass (purifying, cleansing, provides protection, eliminates negative energies), Cedar (purifying, cleansing, provides protection and inner strength), Desert Sage (purifying, cleansing, provides protection and inner strength) & Palo Santo (holy wood, welcomes creativity, love and good forturne).
- 2 Pack: White Sage (clears impurities, cleaneses, and generates clarity) and Cedar (purifying, cleansing, provides protection, and eliminates negative energies)
Begin by ensuring your space is well ventilated for effective cleansing. Place the sage bundle on a glass or ceramic surface and light one end of the herbs. An abalone shell may also be traditionally used. As the flame appears, put the herb out so it will smolder and smoke. You may cleanse yourself first by encircling the smoke around you. Use a feather or fan to direct the smoke to the areas or persons in need of cleansing.
- An abalone shell ideal for use burning sticks but can also be used for powders or leaves, incense resins, etc. Abalone shells are a great accessory to aid your smudging ritual. The natural shape of the shell makes them super easy to hold and carry and the shells can take the heat of burning.
- White sage, good for clearing impurities, cleansing, and generating clarity.
- Sweetgrass, symbolizing kindess and brings in positivity.
- Palo santo, also known as holy wood, welcomes creativity, love, and good fortune.